If you have pre-paid for babysitting on your registration form, please meet with the babysitting coordinator and the babysitting staff at 4:45 pm on Monday night for an orientation. After the orientation, parents, baby-sitters, and children will return to their dorms for regular evening babysitting which will begin at 7:15 pm. Babysitters are NHC Summer Institute Participants, supervised by the babysitting coordinator, Sheila Avelin. Only parents who have paid for babysitting ahead of time will be able to use the babysitters. You must pay the Institute office or the babysitting coordinator at least 24 hours before you want to take advantage of baby sitting.
Babysitting in the Cheshire suites:
· Children being babysat will be grouped into suites.
· Parents put children with early bedtimes to bed, leaving the door to the room ajar, with a note alerting the babysitters to the name, age and special needs of each child. Please talk to the babysitter in your suite as well. After parents have put their children to bed, one baby-sitter will be assigned per suite.
· Older children will be supervised in the lounge of the suite for movies, reading and quiet games. If your children have special needs, you may wish to consider making private babysitting arrangements.
· Should problems arise that cannot be solved quickly by the sitters in charge of the floors, one sitter will notify the babysitting coordinator, while another stays with the children.
· You will be charged additional fees for returning later than the scheduled end of babysitting and can, at the discretion of NHC staff, loose your babysitting privileges and forfeit all fees paid.
The baby-sitters will be in the suites, according to the following schedule:
Monday, August 6th 4:45 pm -5:30 pm Orientation
7:15 pm -10:30 pm Babysitting
Tuesday-Thursday, August 7th-9th 7:15 pm - 10:30 pm Babysitting
Friday and Saturday, August 10th,11th 7:30 pm – Midnight Babysitting
Sign out/in sheets will be posted in the building. Please be sure to sign out when you leave for the evening, and sign in on your return to the dorms, so that we can be sure all children are with their parents before the babysitters are dismissed.
Babysitting in the apartments:
The NHC does not facilitate group babysitting in the apartments. If you would like to arrange for private babysitting in individual apartments for a fee, please contact the office by July 14th. Note: If you have requested an apartment with a child and want to move to a suite, please call the office immediately at 215-248-1335. It will be easier for the NHC to accommodate your request now, before we arrive at the Institute.