We Need You!
The NHC is driven by volunteer energy. Here are some ways you can volunteer for the NHC. Please contact the NHC Office for more information.
The Institute Planning Committee is looking for volunteers to work on some specific projects. See the job descriptions.
Year Round Opportunities
- Make recruitment phone calls, especially to previous attendees
- Give a talk at your synagogue or havurah about the Institute, and follow up with individuals who show interest in attending
- Help with fundraising by making calls, doing research, planning or hosting events, or promoting NHC activities to new donors
- Approach foundations or individuals for NHC funding
- Recruit teachers for the Institute or regional retreats
- Write grants
- Volunteer at the NHC Office in Philadelphia
- Assist with technology: Install software updates, help maintain computers
- Stuff envelopes or assist with mailings
- NHC Event-Specfic Opportunities
- Serve on a regional retreat planning committee
- serve on an Institute Planning Committee
- coordinate an aspect of a regional retreat or the Institute (davenning, hevra groups, Shabbat, evening program, etc.)
- Help find artists and craftspeople for the Institute shuk.
We are always looking for people who have special skills that they can offer to lend a hand:
- information technology
- creating/maintaining web sites
- writing and/or editing
NHC Board of Directors
The NHC is especially looking for people with skills in (or a willingness to learn) PR and marketing, grant writing, fundraising, organizational planning, accounting/budgeting, nonprofit board governance and development, volunteer support, and computer/website/ technology. For this term, the skills and interests we are looking for from new board members are: Grant writing, PR and Marketing, and board development. Note that we are looking for interest as well as experience, so if you are someone willing to learn on the job, this could be a good fit for you.
Read more about the process of nominating yourself to join the NHC Board of Directors.
If you are willing and able to give of your time and talents, please contact us.