Coronavirus Letter to the Public- March 13, 2020

March 13, 2020


Dear Havurah community,


We are hopeful that the COVID-19 pandemic will not impact Institute, but we know that it’s a possibility. We are keeping the health of our community in the forefront as we move forward.


Registration opened about a week ago. Currently, all participants who register before May 15th receive free cancellation insurance, which means costs are fully refundable until June 5th with the exception of a $50 administrative fee. Depending on emerging conditions, the May 15th date may be pushed back and the fee may be waived in some or all circumstances.


We plan to be as transparent as possible about this process. At this point, we are waiting and watching for more information and a clearer understanding of the pandemic situation. 


Our decisions and plans will be based on advice from local, state, and national health professionals, including the CDC and the Connecticut Department of Health. We must also comply with the University of Hartford’s protocols. We are in communication with the University and confident in their professionalism and collaboration to support the decisions we believe are best for our community.


If you are a member of the community with relevant expertise that you believe the NHC would benefit from as we move forward, we welcome your participation in this process. 


If you have any questions, is the best first line of contact.


May our havurah community continue to be a source of strength and connection during this time. 



Tara Bognar


Comments are closed.