Transportation to and from Isabella Freedman
There are several airports approximately two hours from the retreat center. Isabella Freedman does not provide shuttle service from/to airports. Guests must make their own taxi or rideshare arrangements.
If you fly into one of the following airports, you can take a train from NYC. We provide shuttle service from Wassaic Train Station. We recommend flying into one of these airports.
JFK Airport in New York City, NY is 110 miles (approx. 2 hours 30 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman. From JFK, take a cab or shuttle to Grand Central Terminal. See the “by train” tab for directions from Grand Central.
LaGuardia Airport in New York City, NY is 100 miles (approx. 2 hours 15 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman. From LaGuardia, take a cab or city bus M60 to the Harlem – 125th Street Station of the Metro-North. See the “by train” tab for directions from the Harlem – 125th Station.
Newark International Airport in Newark, NJ is 120 miles (approx. 2 hours 40 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman. From Newark, take a cab or shuttle to Grand Central Terminal. See the “by train” tab for directions from Grand Central.
For more airports and options, click here.
MetroNorth (Harlem Line) from New York City to Wassaic, NY
From Grand Central Terminal at 42nd Street (or Harlem – 125th Street), take the MetroNorth Harlem line to the Wassaic train station. The train ride takes about two hours and ten minutes, and Wassaic is about a 30-minute drive to the retreat center.
If you need, you may arrange your own taxi. We are located in a rural area with limited taxi services; we strongly recommend booking your taxi well in advance. Here are some local taxi companies:
- Watson Taxilivery Service — (845) 464-8178
- Morning Star Car Service — (845) 832-7933
We are approximately two hours by car from New York City and three hours from Boston in the Connecticut Berkshires. There is free parking on site. Our address is 116 Johnson Road Falls Village, CT 06031.
From New York City
- From the Whitestone Bridge: Hutchinson River parkway to I-684. After I-684 crosses I-84 it will become Rte 22 North. (Do not take any exit to Rte 22 – stay on Rte 684 until it becomes Rte 22.) Stay on Rte 22 North through Pawling, Dover, and Amenia. In Amenia, take Rte 343 East to Sharon, CT. At the Sharon clock tower make a left to Rte 41 North. Take 41 North through Sharon (about 5 miles). At the blinking light, turn right onto Route 112, and follow for about 5 miles. Bear left to merge onto Route 7, and after a half a mile, sharp right onto Johnson Road. The entrance to the retreat center will be in about a mile, on the right.
- From the West Side of Manhattan: Either take the Hutchinson River Parkway as above, or you can take West Side Highway north to Saw Mill River Parkway to the Taconic Parkway (Exit 26). Take Taconic north towards Albany for about 50 miles. Take the exit for US 44 east towards Millbrook and turn right. Stay on US 44 through Millbrook to Amenia. (about 10 miles). At the traffic light in Amenia go straight onto NY 343 towards Sharon. Then follow directions above.
- From the East Side of Manhattan: Take the FDR Drive to the Major Deegan to the Saw Mill River Parkway to Exit 26 to Taconic Parkway. Then follow directions above (from the West Side of Manhattan) from Exit 26.
From New Jersey
- Take the Garden State Parkway North to the end. Bear right towards New England. Take the Tappan Zee Bridge to exit 8 (White Plains ) to Interstate 684 North. Then follow directions above (from the Whitestone Bridge) from I-684.
From Boston, MA
- Take the Massachusetts Turnpike West to exit 2 for Lee, Mass. Follow Rte 102 towards Great Barrington and connect in Stockbridge with Rte 7 South. Stay on Rte 7 South through Stockbridge, Great Barrington, and Sheffield, MA until you get to Canaan, CT. In Canaan make a left and then a right to stay on Rte 7 towards Falls Village. Outside of Falls Village Rte 7 will intersect with Rte 126. Take second left after the Rte. 126 intersection onto Beebe Hill Road. After a mile the road ends, and the entrance to the retreat center will be opposite you.
From Albany, NY and points West
- Take the NY Thruway to the Mass Pike to exit 2 (Lee, Mass). Then follow directions from Boston above.
From Hartford, CT and points East
- Take Rte 44 West through Winsted, CT to Canaan. In Canaan turn left onto 7 South Rte 7 South will take you into Falls Village where it intersects with Rte 126. Then follow directions from Rte 126 as given in Boston directions above.
From Bradley International Airport
- Leaving the Airport, take the first exit to Rte 20. Drive through Granby and after a couple of miles turn left into Rte 219. Keep on Rte 219 for about 5 miles and make a right onto Rte 318. After another approximately 5 miles turn right onto Rte 44 West towards Winsted. Then follow the directions from Rte 44 as given in Hartford directions above.
*Fees will be charged to attendees if they are not checked out of their rooms by 10:00 am on Au