ZOOM– NHC hosts its online sessions on Zoom. There are some key components to keep in mind as a participant in order to ensure a smooth, safe, and enjoyable learning environment.
GOOGLE MEET– The community can arrange social meets, such as meals and informal gatherings, on Google Meet. You can access sessions on Google Meet even if you do not have a Google account simply by clicking on the provided invite from the host. Keep an eye out on the NHC Slack channel for informal hangout invites! HERE is a video on how to use Google Meet.
RESOURCES & TIPS for ATTENDEES
Prerequisites for Zoom Breakout Rooms
- Join the meeting by the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, web client, phone, or H.323/SIP device
- Invitation to join breakout rooms from the meeting host
- Self-select breakout rooms:
- Desktop client or mobile app: version 5.3.0 or higher.
- ChromeOS: version 5.0.0 (4241.1207) or higher
- Users joined into the Zoom meeting from the following platforms can be assigned to and participate in breakout rooms:
- Zoom desktop client
- Zoom mobile app
- Chrome OS client
- web client
- H.323/SIP devices
. Users joined using Chromebooks/Chrome OS are unable to join breakout Rooms, but the main room can be used as an alternative session for these users.
GUIDELINES AND BEST PRACTICES FOR ONLINE PRESENTERS
- Guidelines and Best Practices for Online Presenters
- How to Deliver and Engaging Online Presentation
- ZOOM Tips and Tricks for Teachers
- Screensharing in Zoom (this feature will be for the host only)
- HERE is a video on how to use Google Meet.
HELPFUL ZOOM TUTORIALS
Here are some helpful videos to help you as a new Zoom participant for online connecting: